1st stop, looking for tea cups. For Hannahs 10th Birthday party we are having a tea party and new tea cups are a must. Well they will be if I can find them at a reasonable price. You know me, if it's not a good deal I just cannot go through with it. The antique store I went to wanted 10 bucks for a cup and saucer. 10 bucks people. You've got to be kidding me. Left the store with none and hopes to find some (cute/pretty) ones for UNDER 5 bucks. We will see. This is the inspiration for my party planning. http://karaspartyideas.blogspot.com/search/label/beautiful%20butterfly%20party
Wish me luck and I will post my (cheep) version mid June.
I took Hannah for a hair cut, nothing fancy. Bella wanted to go because they have free hot cocoa and candy. The girls got feathers in their hair. I should have gotten pics. Maybe later. They are so cute. I let them choose whichever ones that they wanted. Bellas blends in with her hair, maybe too much, next time Im going to make her go with a colored feather. Make her live a little - be wild. Hannah chose one red and one black and white, so cute. They had a lot of fun.
Usually my shopping trips are not all that fun. Can I count window shopping as shopping trips? Like I said, not that fun. Or, leaving the D.I. thinking how annoyingly overpriced they are. Thats right I shop at D.I.. Having said that I still get a little flustered thinking of there overpriced used jeans. Moving on... It's spring; FINALLY! But what this means to those of us with lots of kiddos is that it is time to put away the jeans and sweaters and pull out the t-shirts and shorts. And at least for my kids they all have a growth spurt between Christmas and spring so finding clothes that fit each and every one is sometimes a challenge. Always a challenge. It's nice having 3 girls. I buy clothes for Hailey, keep them nice and neat, and then pass them on to Hannah and then Isabella. And even after Isabella they are still passed on. It's a good feeling to get so much use out of a pair of clothes. But now that they are getting older things are definitely changing. I think under the age of 7 it's pretty easy to share but after that all their little bodies start taking shape in there own way and then there is not so much sharing going on. Now on to Logan. Ive been extremely blessed to have a fashionable sister that sends her hand me downs my way. At this point I know I would be doomed with out her. Although, having said that I do still need to shop, at least a little for all the other odds and ends that we end up needing. So Ive been planning on going to the mall every day this week. It's questionable if taking an almost 2 year old to the mall is worth it, even with money burning a hole in my pocket. So on Saturday my step-daughter Hannah offered to go to the mall with me. Sounded good to me as long as I did not have my rambunctious 2 year old with me. It was actually a very fun surprise. Now that my girls are getting older they are becoming my shopping buddies. When I picked out some shorts for Hannah to try on she gave my this "are you crazy" look and said it looked like something you would wear to the office. I put those back. I'm not trying to torture her. I chose some shorts that SHE thought looked -grandma-ish, no offence to those over 60(wink-wink). I still tried them on, so what if I liked them. Although I did not buy them. She told me the skirt I tried on looked too short, and after I pointed out it was clearly to my knees I said I was going to buy it she looked at me with concern and asked how high it went up when I sat down. So logical! Ha ha. Then we went to look for shirts for Logan. Anything on sale is basically what I choose from. There was a moss green shirt that I actually thought was pretty cute that she convinced me not to buy. She did not want her brother to look like Shrek. Whatev. I took her into Victorias Secret. I had some coupons for free underwear. I thought Id get a pair for Hailey and one for Hannah. She seemed somewhat embarrassed to be in there, surrounded by panties. After I showed her the huge table to choose from she lightened up a bit, but no lace. And, yes even Victorias Secret has appropriate covered up to the belly button (if you want) cotton panties. We chose 2. Our feet were achy and with bags in hand we had had enough shopping for one day. It was a good day!


No comments:
Post a Comment