Well Thanks to my Aunt Kassy for posting this on facebook.
And it so simple to make, it's really too bad I did not discover this until I was 30.
Is it sad that Ive never made chicken salad before?
Is it because everyone says it's so easy, and I don't need a recipe? Well, I have to have a recipe for everything I make...at least the first time. I think the more I make it and the more comfortable I get then I can add and change, but not until I know how to make a "good", "normal", chicken salad first.
So this is what my Auntie posted...
toasted baget bread, sprouts, mix together chicken, craisins, cashews, chopped onion, celery, salt and pepper and mircle whip (mircle whip optional) top baget and sprouts and enjoy
So I still think her picture looks better than mine(on facebook), but remember....this was my first time making this!
I bought a bake at home baguette, which I love because then it is fresh and warm. But it was not garlic (which is what she used) and I wish it was garlic...that sounds so good.
I used a can of chicken from Sams club and added just what she said, except I put in pecans instead of cashews and used mayo (Hellmans mayo 'cause it's the best).
And here is the best part of it all...
My husband ate it....and even liked it.
Thats GOOD really GOOD!
I will not tell him I used canned chicken 'cause I know hes not fond of canned chicken.
But the time I saved just by not having to cook chicken was well worth it!
Also, I have never bought sprouts before...
SAD?
I don't know, there I sat at the store looking at 4 boxes of sprouts wondering if there was a difference?
I still do not know...
Just looking at this picture, Im seriously thinking...
Im making this again next week.
I'm so excited when I get new (EASY) (CHEAP) recipes to add to my collection.
Thanks Aunt Kassy


No comments:
Post a Comment