White Almond Sour Cream Cake
This recipe can easily be halved.
This recipe makes a strong cake that can be stacked.
Ingredients
2 boxes white cake mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teas. salt
8 egg whites
2 2/3 cups water
4 Tbls. vegetable oil
2 cups (16oz carton) sour cream
2 teaspoon clear vanilla flavor
2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions
Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees
***One recipe makes: one 14" round + one 6" round
or one 16" round
or one 12" round + one 10" round
or one 12x18" sheet cake
or one 12" round + one 8" round + one 6"
Half a recipe makes: two 8" rounds
or two 6" rounds + 6 cupcakes
This recipe is from here
I love love love this recipe and use it for my go to white cake recipe.
Just as an example of how much ingredients a wedding cake uses, my last wedding cake was a 4 layer cake each layer had 3 cakes. I was not able to keep track of how many cake mixes I used, but lets say I used about 8, which sounds about right...seriously!
That is
8 boxes of cake mix
8 cups flour
8 cups sugar
6 tea salt
32 egg whites
10 2/3 cups water
16 Tb veg oil
8 cups sour cream
8 tea vanilla
8 tea almond
That is A LOT of ingredients! And A LOT of TIME mixing, and baking!
Now....That is not even counting frosting, filling, or fondant.
Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees
***One recipe makes: one 14" round + one 6" round
or one 16" round
or one 12" round + one 10" round
or one 12x18" sheet cake
or one 12" round + one 8" round + one 6"
Half a recipe makes: two 8" rounds
or two 6" rounds + 6 cupcakes
This recipe is from here
I love love love this recipe and use it for my go to white cake recipe.
Just as an example of how much ingredients a wedding cake uses, my last wedding cake was a 4 layer cake each layer had 3 cakes. I was not able to keep track of how many cake mixes I used, but lets say I used about 8, which sounds about right...seriously!
That is
8 boxes of cake mix
8 cups flour
8 cups sugar
6 tea salt
32 egg whites
10 2/3 cups water
16 Tb veg oil
8 cups sour cream
8 tea vanilla
8 tea almond
That is A LOT of ingredients! And A LOT of TIME mixing, and baking!
Now....That is not even counting frosting, filling, or fondant.


No comments:
Post a Comment