This is a super easy super delicious cake. I found it when I was looking for a knock off Olive Garden Lemon Creme cake and although this is not the original it's a wonderful cake that is now one of our favorites. Seriously, I ate 2 pieces for breakfast. And I'm not even going to feel guilty about it!Ingredients
- 1 white cake mix,prepared
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 Tb lemon zest
- 2-4 Tb lemon juice
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups powered sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
4 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup powered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. butter
Directions
Prepare cake as directed and add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Bake in a 10" round cake pan or 10" round spring form pan. (I use a spring form pan and it works great!)
Blend cream cheese, powered sugar, and lemon juice together. In a medium bowl, whip heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture and blend by hand. Chill until needed.
Mix flour and powered sugar in small bowl. Crumble butter in and dribble in vanilla extract. The crumbles should be no larger than pea size. If you have trouble crumbling mixture, chill for a few minutes. Chill until needed.
After cake is cooled, cut in half. I drizzle 2- 4 Tb lemon juice to bottom half of cake.Spread cream cheese mixture in middle. (I save 4-5 Tb for the sides to help the crumbs stick.) Press crumb topping into sides gently. Chill for 3 hours. Oh and I sprinkle the top with powdered sugar and add a lemon slice, It has to look pretty, ya know!!
Blend cream cheese, powered sugar, and lemon juice together. In a medium bowl, whip heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture and blend by hand. Chill until needed.
Mix flour and powered sugar in small bowl. Crumble butter in and dribble in vanilla extract. The crumbles should be no larger than pea size. If you have trouble crumbling mixture, chill for a few minutes. Chill until needed.
After cake is cooled, cut in half. I drizzle 2- 4 Tb lemon juice to bottom half of cake.Spread cream cheese mixture in middle. (I save 4-5 Tb for the sides to help the crumbs stick.) Press crumb topping into sides gently. Chill for 3 hours. Oh and I sprinkle the top with powdered sugar and add a lemon slice, It has to look pretty, ya know!!


No comments:
Post a Comment