Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hamburger Cookies

Don't we all love it when we find such a cute idea. These hamburger cookies I found here http://recipeshoebox.blogspot.com/2009/03/april-fools-treats.html and although I did not get everything on time for April Fools Day I did think this would also be a fun activity/treat for family home evening. So last night we had fun creating our yummy hamburger cookies.



Even Logan participated. Although he does not really like vanilla wafers and I don't think he liked the Oreos, but he did think it was fun to wipe frosting -everywhere-!


Our finished product. The only thing I changed from the original idea was I bought Oreo fudge cremes (because they were on sale) however, they were too big for the vanilla wafer so next time I will just buy the Keebler Grasshopper Cookies. Also I should have made my red icing redder to look like a better ketchup. We also added "lettuce". Now, seriously how cute are those!!

2 comments:

  1. Those are the CUTEST!!! I love 'em. I seriously don't have the patience for that. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so super easy Lucy! The kids loved making them, and eating them of course. And the mess was minimal except for Logan who is always making a mess anyway.

    ReplyDelete