Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Valentines Day 2014

Valentines is quite the holiday. I love being able to show those special people in your life that you love them. But what about if we are alone? Can having a "holiday" about love somehow make you feel even more alone?  Right now I have an amazing husband and 6 kids, 1 daughter in law, and a grand baby, so I feel more loved than ever. But, there was once a time when having a boyfriend or someone to give you flowers on Valentines day was SO important. I now look at this as RIDICULOUS! How can a made up holiday make us feel down on ourselves? It's true, I know it. At least for some of us. I know that Im not the only person who has ever felt this way. So just remember if you are alone:

If you're feeling bad about Valentine's Day, just remember the real holiday is February 15th when all the candy is on clearance.

Now, having said that I will also say I am a lover of ALL holidays.
I love Valentines day and celebrating in any way. It does not matter if its flowers, dinner, chocolates, love letters, what ever it may be. But really I like those things on all days of the year.
This year I told Paul I did not want flowers. I really drives me crazy the way they increase the price by 10 on holidays. Buy me flowers on a random day of the year and it will be way better than Valentines day. I did not want chocolates, because a big box of cheap wal mart chocolate does not get me excited (See's chocolates could have been a different story). What I wanted was just to stay home and have dinner with the kids.  I went to the dollar store and bought decorations. We planned heart shaped pizzas and sparkling apple cider all under candle light. Sounds pretty great to me! Here is some pictures:

personalized sugar cookies, yes please! (Any excuse for sugar cookies)

I found these "cups" at the dollar store. Im pretty sure they were meant to be vases, but I liked that they were glass and they look so cute with a straw.  Looks like we will be re-using these every year!


I had the table all set up cute which I have never done before.
I think the kids were confused and looked at me weird.




The kids all got home from school and Paul from work. I had all these good intentions on making it a super fun night for everyone then I fell asleep in my recliner as Paul helped the kids make heart shaped pizzas without me.  When I woke up, the table was still set. Well, at least Isabella and Logan used their cute cups I bought.  No apple cider. (sad face)
The next day I re-packed everything back up to use next year.
Wow, I am such a bummer! ha ha
We will try again next year....right!


Happy Valentines day to all my amazing kiddos! And a big smooch to my husband! xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment