Friday, November 7, 2014

Happy 14th Birthday Hailey Mikelle

It seems quite unreal to have a 14 year old.  As the years go by I watch Hailey grow up and most days are good and wonderful and other days I see her mood swings, and her struggles.  Growing up is not easy at this age when your finding out who you are.  Where you stand in this life.  How school and friends and peer pressure affect you.  It scares me with all of my kids in school these days. I know their are a lot of pressures around that they are facing.  It doesn't always seem fair what is out there in this world.  I am glad my kids have a family and a home to come to that can be a safe place for them to be protected by the outside world. I am also very grateful for Haileys other home.  Hailey has a great dad and step mom who love and support her along with us.  Hailey has so many great family members.  I've been so grateful for the relationship between our families that we all get along, love our kids, and are trying our best to raise strong kids.

The digital world of the "selfie"





And here is the BIRTHDAY FUN...
Officially a 14 year old (mom's crying a little and feeling a little old)


 Hailey had a very hard time deciding what design her cake would be.
I put my foot down the day before and made her choose.
Here it is.... a NY Yankees cake.

 Hailey adding the finishing touches to her cake.
And I'm letting her do whatever she wants,
because after all it is her cake.
Go for it girl!
#4 Haileys baseball number
 Happy Birthday to YOU!

Preparing to buy a horse in the future, 
we bought Hailey a rope, and reins.
The reins we found are so so pretty! I should get a close up picture soon.

My mom and Loubna made this for Hailey.
It says in arabic,
Hailey
Wherever she goes
the sunshine follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment