When we got to Fred Meyer we parked 3 spots from the front. Before getting out Hailey asked if she could leave her coat in the car. Well even though it is in fact the middle of winter it was not blistering cold and we were parked close to the door, and as soon as we walk in the coats all come off and into my hands anyway... so I said yes. As we got out I told the girls to run ahead and go in while I got Logan out of the car. During such time I assume this man saw me with the girls and as I got Logan out and started walking he was just a little ahead of me. At this time he looked to his, what I assume grandchild and said, "Boy if I were her mother I'd make her wear her coat." Excuse me mister.... Now as I have done this before I knew it was the intentional say to someone near you so that someone else near you will hear you and it will be easier than just saying it to the person who it is intended for anyway. Like the way I gag and cough and wave my hand past my nose when someone is smoking right in an entrance and I have to walk past them and inhale all the second hand smoke. Like I'm saying go somewhere else and be courteous you know, with out really saying it. But this... to me, I don't think so. I looked at the man and said she is MY daughter. (Didn't think I would say anything did you!) I smiled. He smiled. I told her she did not have to wear her coat-- so there! And mentioned that she did in fact have a coat in the car and she left it there on purpose!--so there! All's he said was something about being a kid again. Yes, kids are crazier than us old folks. And hey live a little and jump off my back! So lesson number 1, Don't ever, ever get on my case about my cute but crazy kids. They are my kids and I will always defend their crazy (but it was not that cold so good grief) decisions!
Holly you are an amazing writer! I never new that about you. I can not believe I have known you all these years and did not know how good you were, you really should write a book, I would buy it! Love ya and I hope your birthday was fantastic!
ReplyDelete