Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gingerbread houses


Ok, so yea I TRIED to help Hailey. Again I will say she really did not need my help. And next year I wouldn't be surprised if she banned me. Do you see the spice bottles holding up her walls? That was not poor Hailey's fault, that was my poor planned idea to put on a tall roof.


This is "Isabellas" house. She had some good help I'd say! I wish I had a better picture, it was such a cute castle.

Hailey's. Still with a little help so it does not fall over!

Unfortunately Scott's 3 story masterpiece did not stand very long.



Daniel built a church, there is a grave yard to the left.


Hannah's 3 layer house.



Before Christmas I decided it would be fun to make gingerbread houses because every year I want to but for some reason the holiday slips by without. So this year I started stocking up on graham crackers early, that way we HAD to do it! Well on a nice Sunday afternoon I pulled out the stash of hidden goodies and we all went to work. Paul helped Isabella and honestly if I would of known he was going to build a masterpiece I would have too, ya know! Well that is my excuse because I basically did not build one and nominated myself to help Hailey, who did not really need help. Although I already have plans for next year, and though I don't intend to win a non existent contest to see who can build the most amazing one, I will at least try to keep up with super creative Paul. After we were done Paul informed me to buy extra graham crackers next year, crap what is he planning? Well I think the kids all had fun. It was nice to spend time around the table as a family and not worry about the incredible mess that would need to be cleaned after. Although after we were done Paul cleaned! Hows that for a great Sunday afternoon.

1 comment: