This is the original blanket.
I did not tell him to put the fuzzies in his mouth, he just does it... all the time!
When his first two bottom teeth came in he would get the fuzz right in the middle of those new teeth and pull, he still does it! I really worry one of these days hes going to pull one of his precious baby teeth out.
This is a picture of me when I was born with my grandma, great grandpa, great grandma (holding me) and my mom. As you can see I am on the blue blanket my great grandma made for me. Now after I had children my mother gave me the blue blanket and I had always just kept in a chest because I did not want it to get ruined. However after some time I decided I would give it to one of my kids to use. After Logan was born I would wrap him in the blanket to cuddle. He would rub the fuzzies and would always put them in his mouth. After some time Logan would not get out of his crib until we had the blanket in hand. And from then on that blue blanket was considered the one must have item at all times if we wanted our little Logan to be happy. At bed time he had to have it, no other blanket would do. I would have to sneak the blanket away to wash it. That has always been a challenge. So did I mention this blanket was 30 years old? Ok, so a lot of us know when something is so important we start thinking of the future, of our special something not always being around. But in this case Logan's special blanket just has to always be around. It has to be because his happiness depends on that blanket therefore my happiness does too. So I watched him everyday as he dragged the blanket around my floor, pull on the fuzzies and spill all kinds of stuff right onto the special blanket. And I found myself washing the blanket more times than I wanted to and watched as it did not look so new anymore. And started to as some say "freak out" because like I said this blanket literally has to last FOREVER! Realistically I needed to be prepared and was ready to make an exact copy of this blanket. So I wanted to find the exact fabric which is tricot, and cannot be found at most if any fabric stores. Well there is good news and bad news, the bad news first they do not even make brushed tricot anymore, crap! But the good news mom's fabric in Idaho Falls sells a silky tricot in like 20 or more different colors.-AMAZING- I found the exact color, a pretty baby blue. He loves the silkiness! So after my best try at making an exact copy, the look on Logans face was priceless! Oh my goodness it was so cute he came downstairs holding the origional blue blanket and stopped cold when he saw another blue blanket on the couch. And he stared at the blanket and then looked at the blanket in his hand and back at the blanket on the couch. It was adorable, he ran right over to it and put the fuzzies in his mouth! Acceptance! I was so proud, it worked, just what I had hoped for. Now I had a spare, a life saver if one blanket was in the washer. Here is the thing in the morning now Logan will not get out of bed until we have both blankets! He drags both around ect, ect. Ok so now I'm thinking of making another blue blankie but his time keeping it in my cedar chest for when the others are worn out. Always thinking of the future. I love my little boy.


That's a cute boy, Holly.
ReplyDelete