~Always in tow
I had been so excited after I had made Logan a little blue blanket to match his favorite one. I have since withdrew my excitement with the acceptance I will never be able to replace the special blue blanket. The blanket I made never even gets snuggled. That's right it is in the crib right now looking bright and new and un-used. Sad. Or is it? Really I love that he had chosen his "special" blankie right from the start. I mean seriously before he had his two bottom teeth he was already attached to this blanket. I think it is so cute for kids to love something so much. Not too long ago after Paul had put Logan in bed, Logan was crying which is unusual, he usually goes to sleep without any problems. I went to check on him and determined he had 2 blue blankies in his crib but not "his" blue blankie. I yelled at Paul wondering where his blanket was, with the reply, he has it. I assured Paul he did not have it and went to find it myself. And when I did find it, said, see Paul he cannot sleep with out it. Paul had thought he had the right blanket, after all it was blue. But Logan knows better, none other will do. That night really cracked me up. We may think a light blue blanket with fuzzies is so close to the same, but for our little guy it is certainly not the same. The decision to use this blanket that my great grandmother had made for me was a hard one, it is not replaceable. But to think of how happy it makes my little boy cannot be more of an honor. I say that in hopes that when my mom and grandma look at this blanket they will not freak out at it's full extent of use.
~Sweet babyYay for cupcakes. Who wouldn't be excited? After this post you may all think I'm just filling my kids full of sugar (Is that why they are so sweet?) I just thought this was the cutest picture. Logan kept throwing his hands up in the air like it was so exciting that we gave him his very own cupcake.
~Mommas Little HelperAt our house we are fans of taste testing. I have always loved a nice glob of uncooked goodies, yes I am ready to hear backlash from every person who thinks uncooked eggs are unfathomable to eat. So when the kids come running in for their taste I would always try and give Logan a tiny bit and he would look at us like we were crazy. I would show Logan, this is how you put your finger on the beater to get a lick, but he was not having it. One night my friend Sommer was over and she gave him a spoon of frosting and ever since he comes a running right along with the rest of the kids. He knew from then on good stuff came out of that bowl. It has been funny to watch him because now he is my biggest helper. Watching...and waiting. And he gets that little finger right in the bowl and just gets the biggest taste.
When I said tiny bit, I truly did mean that literally, however in this case I had quite a bit of whip cream left over. Yum.




No comments:
Post a Comment