Saturday, September 3, 2011

Huckleberry Picking















I love this time of year when we can go pick our own fresh fruits and vegetables. Last year I went with my friend Sommer and I picked huckleberrys for the first time, which is hard to believe having lived here all my life.  Needless to say, I loved it.  Other then having my young kids who get tired a lot faster than I do up on the mountain side.  It is nice being outside in the fresh air picking delicious huckleberrys.  Well come to find out their is a great huckleberry picking spot only 30 minutes away.  So our family went up this year and spent the day picking, successfully!  Other than Logan lasted about 30 minutes to an hour and I lasted 3 or 4 hours.  We had a contest between the kids, who ever had picked the most earned 5 bucks.  Hailey and Hannah picked with me the whole time and both earned the grand prized 5 bucks.  Bella came in next and won a dollar, and Daniel....at 0, because he spilled his and got mad. We or.. I had a great time.  Until next year...


No comments:

Post a Comment