Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pioneer Trek 2014

This is the first Pioneer Trek for Paul, me, Hailey and Hannah!  Sounded like a cake walk until I go there and it was "real life".  Wowza what a hike! About 13 miles.
As I think back I will compare it to child birth.  At the time it's very hard and you may not want to do it, but I have already forgotten the pain and would do it again.
The first day was the hardest pushing the handcart up steep trails.  When the trek began I was given twins. I cannot even imagine if they were real. They were less than a pound but still a burden to carry, and they didn't even cry! Just think of it! Wow, what the Pioneers went through I still cannot even imagine the trials and hardships.  Many lost children, family members, and did not have enough food. They did not have sun block, rain coats, winter boots, and many of the necessity's we may take for granted today.
The kids were amazing.  Wow! The energy they posses is unreal! Paul kept telling me they would get tired and slow down, but they never did. Funny how I felt old and weak.
Great spiritual experience for me. I loved spending time with my husband and my 2 girls. I really wish Daniel could have been there with us.
The third day we went to Lava and floated down the river.  Although I've done this over a dozen times It still scares me. I'm a wimp.  Yep, I know.

Our Trek "family"  (Best of the Best!)


Very excited to get their picture taken.







Hannah's Trek "family"



Chesterfield, Idaho 2014
Come, Come, Ye Saints




No comments:

Post a Comment