I love to go and do fun things in the summer. One of our new favorites is to go to Roaring Springs in Boise. Definitely a full day of non stop fun. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. Huge bummer. As I watched my kids I wished I could capture some of my favorite moments. Here's some of them:
Hannah and Bella deciding to go on Cliff Hanger! Realizing my little girls are braver than their momma. Watching Hannah go down! I cant believe she did it. I got a stomach ache just watching them. And watching Bella walk back down. Maybe next time.
Love seeing my girls grow up together and have fun experiences together.
Me and Isabella hanging out together for 3 or 4 rides. Just us. Loved it! Thanks Hannah and Hailey for ditching us!
Watching Logan in the kids area. Hes becoming very independent! By the end of the day I was "sunbathing" while he was playing. And the reason I quoted sunbathing is because no matter how much sun my skin sees, it will always be a beautiful shade of white. Unfortunately.
I smiled every time Logans slightly too big swim trunks slipped off his tiny little tush.
I love the summer. I love being outdoors, enjoying the summer!
Now here is the part where I tell you my not so favorite moment.
I lost Logan.
Again.
Remember the first time...(previous post about me loosing Logan)
I learned a lot from that day. But that does not mean its not any less horrible the second time.
Here is my story:
Here is my story:
Logan was enjoying himself in the kids area. The girls wanted to go to a different slide and I was trying to talk Logan into going with us. He was completely refusing. Therefore I decided to just stay in the kids area. Pick you battles, right moms?
As I was talking to the girls Logan was behind me. As the girls walked off I turned around and Logan was gone. I figured he was just on the slides. I went to the slides and looked.....and looked for him. No big deal, I said he was acting independent right? After 5 minutes I was a little...confused. But after the first time I lost him I really wasn't freaked out..yet...
I knew *most likely he would not jump into any big pools alone. I knew *most likely he would probably be looking for me about now.
After 10 minutes Im upset and decided to ask the lifeguard for help.
Maybe that was a bad choice because it just upset me MORE watching her not care or act worried or really help. After another 5 min I told the lifeguard my kid was for sure not in the kids area! I started looking in other places and decided to get mad and freak out.
Im in one of those moments where I try and ask myself if I have a bad feeling or If I know things will be ok. Ya, that did not work because I was already upset and was telling myself all the worst.
I went into the store where they sell snacks and stuff and asked, no, more like told the lady my son was lost, and no body was helping me, and the lifeguard didn't care, all in a sniffling voice, and I really wanted help. (picture me VERY dramatized) Yes, she did take me seriously. I walked out saying I was going to look for him.
(What am I suppose to do? Just sit there and WAIT?)
As I walked out, within 5 seconds I see Logan.
Walking with my family.
How embarrassing.
Ran back into the shop and said I found him!
Went back to Logan & the kids and broke down. Geez what a terrible feeling.
Ummm, girls? What in the heck?
I did not see Logan walk off with the girls (obviously). And apparently the girls told him to go back to mom. But here's where Im wondering... WHY!
Um, girls, If you told Logan to walk back to mom and he didn't WHY would you just keep walking when you know Im in the kids area and Im suppose to be with him?
It's all very questionable.
And their is Logan just standing there not knowing what all the fuss is about.
And that the short story version of me getting another gray hair.
Other than the little lost boy and me going crazy it was such a great day!


No comments:
Post a Comment